1. How do I book a WildED program?
Request a program for your class using our easy online reservation form.
2. How will students benefit from WildED?
- Be aware of their personal connection to nature, parks and wilderness and make personal lifestyle choices to reflect this
- Have knowledge of the interconnectedness of the natural world and how it relates to them
- Be motivated to get outdoors, get active and discover nature for themselves
- Be encouraged to share what they've learned about nature and wilderness
- Be inspired to take an active role within their community in protecting nature and wild places
3. How does WildED help meet my needs as a teacher?
WildED makes it easy, beneficial and fun for teachers:
- WildED provides professional certified teachers who will deliver our program right in your classroom
- We provide all curriculum materials, supplies and props
- Our programs are BC curriculum linked, so they are easily incorporated into the unit or lesson plan you are covering at that time
- Our educators are experienced at managing classes and leading group sessions for all age groups - both indoors and outdoors
- We provide follow-up support and free teaching resources for ongoing learning
- Our programs are interactive and hands-on, and above all, they are fun!
4. Will I need to do any work or preparation beforehand?
We require very little. A WildED educator will contact you prior to coming to your classroom to go over any requests or questions you may have. Our basic requirements are: a room that can be darkened for a slide show, a power source, and a screen suitable for projection. Also, we request that teachers and students complete a short post-program evaluation form so we can measure how well we are doing.